Monday 20 July 2015

Corner Flip Card - a little help from across the world!




 
I have to thank Dawn Olchefske for introducing me to and showing me how to do this card and Paula Reid (a fellow Kiwi) for sharing her dimensions with me. 

One of the big difference for us in the UK is that our paper size/standard card sizes differs from the US (where Dawn is based) and because of this it sometimes make exact replicas, especially when it is nice to have a card that fits our standard C6 envelopes, hard to do.  And this is where Paula comes in.  She is based in NZ and I know that our card sizes in the UK are the same as NZ.  I came across her fantastic card and although Paula hadn't put the dimensions on her blog, but when I contacted her she was happy to share! 

The great thing about crafting is that people as normally so willing to share. So a big Shout Out to Dawn and Paula- thanks!!

This card was simple to make, but watching Dawn's video gives a much better idea than I can convey in text...


My go at instructions.....

The dimensions for the card I made are;

Card Base - standard A5


Fold in half and burnish, then open again.

Place the open card at the 3" mark


Cut down from 7.2cm to 13.3 cm


Rotate the paper 90degrees clockwise, and cut from the horizontal cut up to 1.5cm


Will look like this
 
 
Then comes the fun bit, the corner flip.
 
Easy to see on the video but hope my pictures make some sense! 
 
 
 
 


 
 

 Hope that makes some sense.....if not let me know, love your feedback

Then it's a matter of decorating to your taste.





The dimensions for the mat are 2 3/4" square and the white piece 2 1/2" square.

I like adding a bit of depth to my cards so cut out the Flower Shop set using the matching stamp set and punch and raised it with dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Another Thank you stamp set (a great set of thank you stamps) and I cut it using the new Triple Banner Punch (although it does a lot more than 3 sizes!)

The DSP is from the new Pretty Petals Paper stack - a great set of 6" x 6" paper very reasonably priced.

Also remember that the inside sometimes likes a little stamping too!



Hope you like it and please share you creations on my Facebook page - love to see them.

Happy Crafting

Sarah

 
 
 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment