Friday 3 February 2017

Global Stamping Friends Bloghop

 
I love this time of the month, when a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators get together and create projects to share.  Also don't you love our new logo?  Thanks to Christine's husband for designing that for us! 

This months hop, our 6th Hop (hard to believe) is a colour challenge! In reality it should have been simple for me as I chose the colours, but it wasn't actually, as I selected them a while ago without a project in mind, so having put my thinking cap on I came up with these.






I cased the idea from Papercraft Button, aren't they just cute!  They are little easel boxes and of course I had to make a matching card!



This one is 3" x 3" and uses her directions, however I realised when I tried to put my 3 x 3 memo paper in it that the box was actually slightly smaller.  I then decided to make some bespoke notecards for put in.  I love them and it's always useful to have some note paper to hand and I can't wait to have some notes to write!

The stamp set I used was the Blooms and Wishes set, in fact it was it's first outing, so I'm really pleased with the stamping. And, I really love these colours together.  Stamping off the Rose Red gave the lighter flower, it's such a versatile technique. 

Each little note card also has a small piece of stamping on it in different combinations of the colours - cute!



For this one I decided to go for a more simple effect, thinking of what my husband could put on his desk; didn't think he'd be that keen on the flowers. I was thinking was would be good in green, and of course it had to be a frog!  The Rose Red also made cute little lady birds.

I adjusted the dimensions so that it held some 3" x 3"  memo paper that I found in the pound shop.  The memo paper even matched, well almost, the colours in the challenge!

I think that this is the size I'll be making in the future as it will also hold 3" x 3" little cards.



Best of all the easel lays flat for easy gifting/posting!


I hope that you like this project and I'll be posting the full dimensions in a blog post shortly so if you'd like to know when that's available if you like my Facebook page it will come on that, or follow my blog.

There's lots more to see in our Global Stamping Blog hop colour challenge. To move forward to Hannah's project just click on the next button, or to move back to Claire's the previous button.



www.hancraftedcards.com
 
 
www.cluxycrafts.blogspot.com
Happy Crafting

Sarah

A full list of the blogs is here; just in case things haven't quite worked to plan you can always find you way!

1. Sarah McDermott www.papercraftartistry.blogspot.co.uk
2. Hannah Jones www.handcraftedcards.com
3. Angélique Stempelkeuken www.stempelkeuken.blogspot.com
4.Kristie Neal Walthall www.Kwcrafts.wordpress.com
5. Christine Wrede www.stempeltamtam.blogspot.com
6. Jenn Curtis Charles Www.bffstampers.com
7. Kimberley Anne Morris www.procrastistamper.blogspot.com
8. Anja Reuss www.stempelitis.de
9. Marieke Bart www.MintyMik.blogspot.nl
10. Claire Napper www.cluxycrafts.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and cute frog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I've never made one of these before, but you've made me want to try it :-D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice idea! Love it 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! This easel Box is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous project!
    Thanks so much for hopping with us :-)

    ReplyDelete